Wednesday, 2 April 2014

I am seeing robins today. 04/02/14

I am seeing robins today.
A long time ago they all went away.

The Sun is back and it feeds the green.
The leaves are budding and what does that mean?

The sludge, the snow, the dirt and the grey.
All of that will go away.

The cold confining long winter season.
For more than 2 decades is the reason.

I hide once a year for months so long.
But when it is over I play my song.

Here comes the Sun from my favourite band.
Then I see robins drawing lines in the the sand.

I will rejuvenate as the Sun heals me.
Soon there will be blossoms on all the apple trees.

I will come out of hiding, a little at first.
The Sun will trigger my annual thirst.

To absorb all the sunlight, as much as I can.
My mind will heal and my skin will tan.

I will wake from my sleep and it all starts now.
No thinking of next winter, I'll get through it somehow.

This season is for me, this season is mine.
And today I saw another sign.

I am seeing robins today.
In too short a time they will all go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment