Happy Birthday.
You asked me to get up and speak,
Tell them why today was a happy day,
To tell them who you love,
To tell people I loved, who you love,
Tell them why today was a happy day.
Happy birthday to me.
What a present you had,
What a present you gave me.
Thank you? No thank you.
I do as you ask, I always do.
Happy? Ok,
I lie with my face.
A party? A party! A party on my birthday.
I'll pick out the decorations,
I'll pick the music,
I'll pick the food,
I'll pick the clothes,
Its a party! A party! A party on my birthday!
Not a party for me, but hey thats ok?
No but ok.
I'm in charge.
Early early, lots of stuff to do.
Get you up, get you ready, get you fed.
Steak and eggs and sausages and bacon,
Protein keeps us strong, and you have a long day.
Get you dressed,
Fix your tie,
Find your cufflinks,
Get you ready, get you ready.
It's a big big day.
It's my birthday,
It's your big day.
I read my lines,
I read my lines,
I wrote it for you,
I read my poem.
I practice.
Boy I'm nervous.
I don't like audiences.
In front of everyone,
I stand up and read it for you.
I tell them why they are here today,
I tell them why today is a happy day,
I tell the people you love who you love and why.
I don't tell them its my birthday.
Happy birthday to me.
What a great day.
I'm a year older,
And congratulations you're married.
We share a special day.
My birthday,
Your anniversary.
And I helped this day happen,
I helped it be perfect.
Because I do what you want me too,
I always do.
Because although you love her,
I love you.
I watched you marry another woman on my birthday.
I helped you marry another woman on my birthday.
I danced with the groom on my birthday.
Happy happy birthday?
Tell them why today was a happy day,
To tell them who you love,
To tell people I loved, who you love,
Tell them why today was a happy day.
Happy birthday to me.
What a present you had,
What a present you gave me.
Thank you? No thank you.
I do as you ask, I always do.
Happy? Ok,
I lie with my face.
A party? A party! A party on my birthday.
I'll pick out the decorations,
I'll pick the music,
I'll pick the food,
I'll pick the clothes,
Its a party! A party! A party on my birthday!
Not a party for me, but hey thats ok?
No but ok.
I'm in charge.
Early early, lots of stuff to do.
Get you up, get you ready, get you fed.
Steak and eggs and sausages and bacon,
Protein keeps us strong, and you have a long day.
Get you dressed,
Fix your tie,
Find your cufflinks,
Get you ready, get you ready.
It's a big big day.
It's my birthday,
It's your big day.
I read my lines,
I read my lines,
I wrote it for you,
I read my poem.
I practice.
Boy I'm nervous.
I don't like audiences.
In front of everyone,
I stand up and read it for you.
I tell them why they are here today,
I tell them why today is a happy day,
I tell the people you love who you love and why.
I don't tell them its my birthday.
Happy birthday to me.
What a great day.
I'm a year older,
And congratulations you're married.
We share a special day.
My birthday,
Your anniversary.
And I helped this day happen,
I helped it be perfect.
Because I do what you want me too,
I always do.
Because although you love her,
I love you.
I watched you marry another woman on my birthday.
I helped you marry another woman on my birthday.
I danced with the groom on my birthday.
Happy happy birthday?
No comments:
Post a Comment